Whether new or old, masonry is one of a designerís most favoured building envelope solutions. Our members often ask us to revisit this topic. For BECORís 2020 full-day session, we are putting the masonry band back together. Some of the original group will be there playing your old favourites for sure and the new members will enlighten you with new topics as well.
Who should attend:
- Are you repurposing, redesigning or renovating an existing masonry building?
- Are you changing the interior environment in an old masonry building? Contemporary humidity and temperature conditions can have a dramatic negative impact on historic masonry.
- Are you looking for an affordable historic look for a new building? Have you considered a thin alternative to traditional masonry?
- Are you trying to determine the performance limits on some existing masonry?
- Will you be insulating, repointing, reattaching, or cleaning old masonry? What precautions should you take? Retrofitting older masonry buildings requires proper assessment, analysis and care.
Learn from local and national leaders in this field. Hear the challenges that these designers have faced, and their solutions.
So reserve the day, get out of the office, reconnect with old friends, forget LinkedIn and meet new people in person. For OAA members, pick up 6Ĺ structured ConEd hours just in time to meet the OAA 2018 to 2020 cycle requirements.